Daily Archives: September 4, 2013

Pain Hurts But Stress Kills

Clinical studies in the last 10 years show the benefits of chiropractic adjustments beyond reduction of pain and inflammation. Studies using EEGs and PET scans of the brain demonstrate that adjustments affect brain waves.  Yes, adjustments are not just about your spine and joints.

An experiment in 2004 in the U.S. produced radically different EEG (electroencephalograph) images  before and after the administration of a chiropractic adjustment.


The post-adjustment EEGs showed patterns that were significantly more complete, organized and stronger. Psychologists conducting the study said they would need 50-200 biofeedback sessions to get the kind of changes they saw with just one chiropractic adjustment.


For images of the “before” and “after” EEGs, visit my website,

Another experiment conducted in New Zealand in 2006 showed that after an adjustment the brain processes, integrates, and coordinates sensory information more efficiently. 

Again, in 2009, a Japanese study using PET (positron emission tomography) scans showing real-time function revealed that the adjustment positively affected the areas of the brain that control autonomic balance, immune function, emotional awareness, blood pressure and respiratory regulation.

The adjustment also impacted a litany of physical and emotional functions: reward anticipation, motivation, rational cognitive function, go/no go risk aversion, language production, verb usage, semantic memory, visual perception, sensory integration, facial recognition, muscle control, eye movement, posture, conversion of starch to sugar, and sensory measurement.

WOW!  We can now say with certainty that chiropractic adjustments improve your brain function.

An important result of improved brain function is reduced stress. A study in 1990 found that 95% of diseases and illnesses are caused by stress, including heart disease, cancer, lung disease, stroke, and Alzheimer’s. The other 5% was determined to be genetic in nature, which is unregulated stress at the cellular level.

Pain hurts but stress kills.

Traditional medicine has no answer for stress-related challenges. None. Medicating the body only hides conscious awareness of symptoms and allows them to fester silently. On top of this health-avoidance effect, medication often makes things worse by delivering chemical toxicity to the liver and kidneys.

Chiropractic adjustments, meanwhile, normalize and maximize brain function to build the body’s ability to respond to stressors.  

When life gets hectic, get adjusted!

Is it time to get your nervous system calibrated?  Visit for more information.

Leave a comment

Posted by on September 4, 2013 in Uncategorized